The Sharpe Collection Enhances Its Modern CarBuying Experience
New Jaguar Land Rover Combined Dealership Construction Underway
The Sharpe Collection of Premium Automobiles today announced a major construction project for a new Jaguar and Land Rover dealership. Construction is underway for the 20,595 ft. sq. building, expected to open December, 2016.
For the first time, customers will be able to explore the iconic Jaguar and Land Rover automobiles in the same building. The Sharpe Collection is the first Jaguar Land Rover dealership in the United States to adopt this new showroom style.
The distinctive new building exterior, which draws heavily on a horizontal design philosophy, will invite customers into the showroom through a common entryway. Highlights of the new showroom include:
- Custom lighting and specialized vehicle display
- New greeter desk to allow Sharpe advisors to direct clients throughout the showroom
- Relaxed, comfortable sales interaction areas
- Expanded coffee bar with hightop seating
- Larger, more comfortable lounge seating area
- Charging stations, abundant access to power and free WiFi
- Individual enclaves will allow for private phone calls while waiting for service
- Kid zone with smallerscale furnishings and toys
- Updated restroom areas with changing stations and environmentallyfriendly hand dryers
Easy access to Jaguar and Land Rover accessories and parts
“We are thrilled to announce this new Jaguar and Land Rover showroom, service department and client lounge project,” said George Sharpe, Jr., General Manager, The Sharpe Collection. “The new design emphatically puts the client first in every key interaction: research, purchase, delivery and service.”
A new, expanded service area will incorporate the newest technology for repairs and maintenance, including new lifts, exhaust systems and workstations.
The new building will be built on the Eastern end of the existing Sharpe property and will replace the current Land Rover building. During construction, Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles will be on display in the existing Jaguar showroom. The entire Sharpe Collection dealership remains open for business at 1010 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, Mich.
Progressive a/e is the architect and Pioneer Construction will head construction management. The Barton Group is serving as the owner’s representative.
Update August 2016
Update March 2017
Update March 2017
Check out “Jaguar Land Rover Dealer Committed to Longstanding Location on 28th Street” on Michigan Live here.